Fines totaling 89,250 euros were imposed last week for breaches of the functioning of the market. The 48,750 euros concerned measures for the coronavirus.
- During the period from October 19, 2020 to October 25, 2020, a total of 269 inspections were carried out and 55 offenses related to illegal trade and 50 offenses related to non-compliance with measures against the spread of COVID-19 in the community were been confirmed. .
- In collaboration with the Hellenic Police, the Municipal Police of Athens and Thessaloniki and with the help of local, municipal and regional authorities, the companies of DI.M.E.A. for the fight against illegal trade and the implementation of measures against COVID-19, took place in Attica, Thessaloniki, the Peloponnese and central Greece.
- Fines totaling 89,250 euros were imposed, of which 48,750 euros, related to non-compliance with the measures against the spread of COVID-19 in the community and 40,500 euros in violations of the Rules for the distribution and Trade of Goods Services (DIEPPY Rules), open trade ( .4497 / 2017) and Law 4446/16 concerning the use of a card acceptance terminal and means of payment by card (POS).
- 5,320 pieces of medical masks were confiscated from a company in the Region of Central Macedonia, due to their non-declaration on the relevant inventory declaration platform of the General Secretariat of Commerce and Consumer Protection.
- Finally, regarding the controls against the spread of COVID-19, the period from 1/7/2020 to 25/10/2020, were carried out by DIMEA, EL.AS., the Coast Guard, the E.A.D., the local Municipal Police, the S.E.P.E. and the services of the Regions 477,901 inspections, 15,509 violations were confirmed, 30,883 fines were imposed, the total amount of which amounts to 8,398,980 euros.
At the same time, the following were imposed:
a) suspension of operation for non-compliance with the proportion of people per sq.m. in 399 Stores of Health Interest for 5,985 calendar days in total and
b) suspension of operation for non-observance of hours from 256 Stores of Health Interest for 768 calendar days in total, located in regional units and municipalities of the country that are under special status.