Two more of our fellow citizens have lost the battle for their lives due to complications from the coronavirus in the past 24 hours bringing the death toll for our country’s pandemic to 334. According to reports, a 74-year-old woman hospitalized in an intensive care bed died at 2 a.m. on Sunday at “AHEPA” hospital in Thessaloniki.
According to the same information, another 88-year-old woman hospitalized in a single bed in “Sotiria” since September 17 died shortly after her intubation and shortly before being transported to intensive care at the hospital. Both women suffered from underlying illnesses. On Saturday, EODY announced 240 new cases of the new virus in the country, 42 of which are associated with known epidemics and 34 were detected following checks at the country’s gateways. The total number of cases is 14,978, of which 55.7% are men.
Where the cases are located?
Of the 206 domestic cases, 42 are associated with known confluences.
In more detail:
– 34 cases during the checks carried out at the entrance gates of the country
– 99 cases in the Attica Region, of which 15 are related to known outbreaks, while 4 report a recent trip within the country
– 5 cases from P.E. Thessaloniki, of which 1 reports a recent trip within the country
• 4 cases in P.E. Of Achaia
• 2 cases in P.E. Evros
• 1 case in the Prefecture of Evritania
• 3 cases in P.E. Heraklion
• 1 case in the Prefecture of Thira
• 12 cases from the Prefecture of Ioannina, of which 6 are associated with a known confluence.
• 1 case in the prefecture of Kavala
• 2 cases in P.E. Karditsa
• 1 case in Kastoria Prefecture
• 1 case in the Corfu Prefecture
• 8 cases in P.E. Kozani, 1 of which is associated with travel within the country
• 3 cases in the Prefecture of Larissa
• 22 cases in P.E. Mytilene, of which 21 connected with a known confluence in the Moria Hospital
• 2 cases in P.E. Magnesia
• 1 case in the prefecture of Messinia
• 4 cases in the Prefecture of Pella
• 6 cases in P.E. Pieria, 3 of which are associated with a recent trip within the country
• 2 cases in the Prefecture of Rethymno, of which 1 is related to a recent trip within the country
• 4 cases in P.E. Trikala
• 1 case in P.E. Of Halkidiki
• 2 cases in the Prefecture of Chania
• 1 case in the Prefecture of Chios
• 1 case in the Mount Athos Prefecture
17 cases are under investigation