Yesterday Kyriakos Mitsotakis had successive talks with, among others, professor of infectious diseases Sotiris Tsiodras, Deputy Minister of Civil Protection Nikos Hardalia, Minister of Health Vassilis Kikilias and staff of the Ministry of Finance of the Greek government . According to some sources, the infectious diseases committee has been tasked with coming up with a package of ten new measures to deal with the second wave of the coronavirus which comes into force from today after the announcement of Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis as planned.
The main ones are as follows:
– For the focus on areas located at level 3 “orange” (reinforced surveillance), including Attica, it may be proposed to close restaurants and bars either from 9:30 p.m or from 10 p.m.
– Half an hour after the restaurant closes, the night traffic ban will begin.
– Increase in teleworking to 50%.
– Change of the epidemiological map by deleting level 2 “yellow” (surveillance).
– Mask everywhere, inside and outside on the whole territory whatever the color on the epidemiological map.
– Distance learning in universities, with the exception of the 6th year of medicine where physical presence will be required.
– A proposal to ban travel between neighboring prefectures has been put on the table, but this possibility seems excluded.